Guards sacked over child sex row

June 27, 2004

A group of Ministry of Defence (MoD) security guards who complained about working with a man convicted of a child sex offence have been sacked. Seven guards at the Defence Procurement Agency (DPA) in Bristol, objected to working with a fellow guard. He was allowed to return to work last year after being convicted of indecent assault on an eight-year-old girl. The seven were suspended in November 2003 but dismissed in June for “gross misconduct”, the MoD said. The DPA, based at Abbey Wood in Bristol, said they had been sacked after a departmental disciplinary hearing. ‘Nothing wrong’ A spokesman said: “We can confirm following a disciplinary hearing into charges of gross misconduct seven members of staff employed at MoD Abbey Wood were dismissed on Friday 18 June.” …

BBC

 

Powered by WordPress | Sitemap | Log in