John Leslie cleared of allegations of abuse

July 31, 2003

Former ‘This Morning’ presenter John Leslie has been cleared of two charges of sexual assault, with the prosecution saying he should leave the court “without a stain on his character”. He arrived at Southwark crown court at around 9.30am today for his 10am hearing to be told that two counts of indecent assault on a woman at his home in May 1997 had been dropped. The prosecution offered no evidence against Leslie, saying it had “come into possession of further material that has led to the charges against the defendant being reviewed”. “The prosecution gladly acknowledges that he will leave this court without a stain on his character from this investigation,” the crown prosecution service lawyer said. said.

Guardian

 

Powered by WordPress | Sitemap | Log in